Thursday, December 2, 2010

Basic Human Skeleton, Organs and Vien

If you are into those NCIS type of writing, then I hope this post is useful to you. In most cases, if you want to use those scientific terms, do be careful because readers might not be able to understand what the hell you are talking about. However, those terms can be of some excellent use if you know how.

Let me give you an example, 'Ma'am, your son's humerus and radius bones were broken in the car crash accident.' to 'Ma'am, your son's humerus and radius bones were broken in the car crash accident. What I mean is that his upper and lower left arm are broken.' (First, you confused your readers, then you provide them with simple common terms. This will create the 'ahhhh' / 'ooohhhh' effects.)

 Source: http://www.pitt.edu/~anat/Neuro/Skull/Skull.htm
PS: Most common use of skeleton I came across so far is the ribs and spines (from Cervical Vertebrae to Sacrum of the back)


 Source: http://simplyfabulicious.blogspot.com/2009_08_01_archive.html
PS: Apart from the well known organs like hearts, lungs, livers, kidneys etc, writers usually referring to the rest as 'entrails'.


Source: http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-52575325/stock-photo-educational-poster-for-medicine-representing-the-venous-system-of-man-and-the-names-of-its.html
PS: Personally, I don't find this part useful except referring only to its general term - 'vein'; but it could be useful to you.


So, I'm still young and learning. If you see mistakes/improvement, please do not hesitate to point it out to me. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
    free car removal brisbane
    cash for cars gympie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
    cash for cars ipswich
    cash for cars logan

    ReplyDelete